The following information was posted by an anonymous source claiming to be a friend of a disgruntled ex-Rockstar employee and is has yet to be commented on by Rockstar. Take this with a
pinch handful of salt.
The new information relates to both the main character and game mechanics. The protagonist is one Albert De Silva, the same name that briefly appeared in actor Ned Luke's IMDB profile. According to the post Albert De Silva is,an ex-member of one of Vice City's crime families. He moved away wanting a better life for him and his family. This adds weight to the details leaked in November. DE Silva also has a family member named 'Kevin' who, we are told, enjoys FPS games. What importance this has, I have no idea.
There are further rumours suggesting that the map for GTAV will be five times that of GTAIV's Liberty City. To go with this massive new map are more features:
- Cops will chase speeding players
- Players will need to wait 24 in-game hours for low wanted levels and 72 hours for higher wanted levels
- The multiplayer will hold up to 32 players on the PS3 and Xbox 360, no information on the PC yet
- Multiplayer will feature gangs
- Gang activities in multiplayer will reward reputation with missions varying from robbing laundrettes to military bases
- There will be a full working economy where the player can buy and sell drugs, cars and weaponry
- Radio stations will have real time traffic reports to assist the player
The original source was over on the Gamespot forums and, although it has since been taken down, we have this handy cache available for your perusal.
Which of the above features are you most interested in? Which do you hope are true and are there any you don't want to be true? Let us know in the comments below!